INTO THE MAW...
The combined vintage festival and Sunday in the Park Concours is one of the biggest events for the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Connecticut, the official charity of Lime Rock Park. Lime Rock set a goal of raising $100,000 this year – and we’re close ($75,000), thanks to you, the fan.
If you’re coming for any or all of the days, we wanted to give you a heads-up on what you can do, if you wish, to help Make-A-Wish get over the final hump. (By the way, the vintage drivers and entrants are helping, too!)
- A big percentage of each sale of the weekend’s Historic Festival 29 Souvenir Program – it is big (54 pages), beautiful and filled with good stories and photographs, and is still only $7 – goes to Make-A-Wish. Buy one when you’re here!
- You can wave the green flag to start one of the Saturday or Monday races. Just go to the Make-A-Wish display at the Lime Rock Info Tent and buy a $5 raffle tickets. We have LOTS of races, so your chances are pretty good at becoming an Official Starter
- There is giant convention of MGs here this weekend – almost 100 – and they want a Make-A-Wish “People’s Pick” vote to choose the best one for the Sunday Car Show! Make a small Make-A-Wish donation at the MG Tent (on No-Name Straight) on Sunday and you’ll get your voting card to pick your favorite MG
- You can also make a Make-A-Wish donation at the Rolls-Royce/Bentley display at West Bend
- And what are many of the 300 vintage race car drivers doing? For every lap they complete this weekend, they’ve gotten “per-lap” pledges from friends, family and sponsors. The driver that collects the most money wins a Rolex watch, donated to Make-A-Wish by Rolex U.S.A.
- Even if you’re not coming to Lime Rock this weekend and still want to make a Make-A-Wish donation, click here. The kids thank you very, very much...
The Saturday, Sept. 3 Lime Rock-sponsored special 9:40 p.m. showing of “Senna” at The Moviehouse in nearby Millerton, N.Y., still has seats left! If you don’t want to go to New York City or Boston to see this fantastic movie, click here to go to themoviehouse.net and get your ticket now.
INTO THE MAW...